Out of school Children Program
Introduction: The government has adopted and implemented a comprehensive plan to achieve the international goal of ‘Education for All’. The present government is working hard to achieve the Government’s Vision-2021 and
the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). To achieve these goals, the government has adopted the 7th Five Year Plan. The Department of Primary Education under the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education is implementing the ‘Fourth Primary Education Development Program (PED-4)’ to ensure quality education for all children, especially in order to achieve the goals of SDG-4.
The main Target of the program is: Giving out-of-school (drop-out and non-enrollment) 6-14 year olds a second chance at primary education and bringing them into the mainstream of formal education through non-formal education activities.
Introduce of the Project: Project Name: Out-of-School Children’s Education Program Under the Fourth Primary Education Development Program (PEDP-4), sub-component 2.5 ‘out-of-school children’s education activities are being implemented by the Bureau of Non-Formal Education.
There are 09 upazilas in Bogra district. (Sonatala, Gabtali, Bogra Sadar, Adamdighi, Dupchanchia, Kahalu, Nandigram, Shajahanpur, and Sherpur)
Teaching methods and infrastructure:
Types of non-formal primary school rooms:
- A non-formal primary school will be set up in a house,
- Non-formal primary school should be selected in a place where noise free environment can be ensured,
- Non-formal primary schools should have adequate lighting and ventilation,
- Room size for each non-formal primary school must be at least 240 square feet;
- If there is tin rice, it is mandatory to have a ceiling
- The school room will be rented
- Non-formal primary schools will be open 6 days a week
- The center will be closed on public holidays announced by the government.
- The location of the non-formal primary school cannot be established to be close and accessible to the student
- Every non-formal primary school will have safe drinking water system
- Every non-formal primary school should have access to hygienic toilets at a safe distance.
- Each non-formal primary school will have a Center Management Committee (CMC) of 9-11 members.
Decoration non-formal primary schools:
- Establishment support, such as financial assistance for purchase of mats, back boards, chalk-dusters for student seating;
- Financial benefits for equipping schools;
- School color chart, number chart, animal chart, bird chart, flower chart, fruit chart; Translations into Assamese: Etc. will remain
- The school will have sign boards and national flags;
- Houses will be rented for the school;
- There will be trunks for all types of registers and storage;
- The school will have a ceiling fan;
- Students will have 1 jug and 4 glasses for drinking water;
- The student and his / her parents will be photographed and tied up in the school room;
Types of non-formal primary school students:
- The age of the child should be 8-14 years;
- The child must be a resident of the school catchment area;
- The child must have been out of school for one year or never went to school;
- The child must not be enrolled in any other school.
Student Opportunity Facility:
- Students will get a monthly stipend of 120 (one hundred and twenty) rupees;
- Students will receive 1 set of school dress and 1 school bag per year;
- Students will be given free ID cards;
- Students and parents will be photographed for free and bound at the learning center
- All educational materials are free. (Books, notebooks, pens / pencils, pencil cutters,
- Erasers, color pencils, drawing notebooks etc.)
- Play equipment free. E.g. Chess, Ludo, Keram Board etc.)
- Celebrating National Day through play-dust and dance songs
- Monthly parent meeting on students’ learning progress
- Taking special care of backward students.
Facilities for teachers:
- A monthly salary of Rs. 5,000 (five thousand) will be paid through bank transfer;
- Will receive 12 days of basic training and 7 days of refresher training;
- Will receive thematic training;
- Will receive grade change training;
- One day refreshers training per month;
- Be able to go to school from home;
- Teachers of each subject will get help.
Features of non-formal primary school:
- There will be 25-30 students;
- There will be at least one HSC pass teacher,
- Teaching activities will be conducted six days a week;
- Conduct class activities at a time convenient to the student;
- Text books like government primary schools;
- Follow the accelerated syllabus to be completed following the national curriculum;
- Each subject will have a teacher guide.